The month of October ends with a photo-free post. It is the start of a new tradition at Our Garden Plot. A Photo-Free Finish on the last day of each month. It is a chance to practice creating vivid word pictures about our garden plot.
October garden highlights:
1. We pulled out our last row of tired tomato plants.
2. We pulled out big round radishes and long crunchy carrots from the ground.
3. I made bean and noodle soups from fresh picked escarole and endive.
4. We dug out football-size sweet potatoes from the soil below shriveled vines.
5. Our glorious fig tree shed its leaves.
6. Our turnip, lettuce, radish and spinach seeds sprouted leaves.
7. We harvested a grocery bag of thick crisp string beans.
8. We conquered the greedy Mexican bean beetles.
9. We picked pounds and pounds of pungent, plump and pointed peppers.
10. We roasted and froze our habanero peppers for the first time.
11. We dumped a manure and compost mix onto our plot.
12. We prepared the soil for next year’s garden.
What are your October garden highlights?